Acclaimed mountaineer Vanessa O’Brien meets COAS Bajwa
RAWALPINDI – American-British female mountaineer, explorer Vanessa O’Brien on Friday called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa, said military’s media wing.
Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) giving introduction of Vanessa O’Brien said that she is the only woman ever to climb to the world’s highest point Mount Everest and dive to world’s deepest point Challenger Deep, also carrying Pak flag.
Ms Vanessa O'Brien met #COAS. She is the only woman ever to climb 2 the world’s highest pt Mount Everest & dive 2 world’s deepest pt Challenger Deep, also carrying Pak flag. COAS appreciated her achievements & thanked her 4 promoting Pak as a goodwill ambassador pic.twitter.com/dukjFD24GZ— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) November 6, 2020
The tweet further stated, “COAS appreciated her achievements & thanked her 4 promoting Pak as a goodwill ambassador.”
Earlier today, the female mountaineer met President Arif Alvi and presented a flag of Pakistan that she carried to K2 and Challenger Deep.
- Girls’ school damaged in explosion in KP’s Tank10:14 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Kaliwal Zalmi League’s knockout phase begins tomorrow09:58 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates state of the art 'Centre of Integrated Air ...09:35 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- NZ skipper Tom Lotham reveals what exactly happened before Pakistan ...08:52 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Argentina denies reports of buying JF-17 Thunder jets from Pakistan08:17 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Aamina Sheikh and husband Omar Farooqui welcome a baby boy06:20 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Hania Amir and Ali Rehman Khan's video of jamming together wins hearts05:00 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Is Sarah Khan expecting a baby girl?04:47 PM | 22 Sep, 2021