Slight improvement in CSS results as 3.32% aspirants pass written test
According to the official figures, a total of 23,025 candidates applied for the test, however, 9391 students appeared for the examination but only 312 managed to pass, resulting in a passing percentage of 3.32%, which is a slight improvement as compared to the last year statistics.
As per rules of FPSC, the candidates would now be going through Medical Examination, Psychological Assessment and Viva Voce after which they would be allocated their departments based on the final merit.
It is relevant to mention that the result of last year's crème de la crème exam of Pakistan was the worst ever as only 2.09% aspirants managed to wade through the written exam.
The FPSC had also formed a committee to look out for the reasons behind the staggering decline in passing percentage which sorted out English as the core reason for the failure of scores of aspirants.
Below is the percentage of candidates who qualified written exam of CSS in subsequent years.
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- China rubbishes G7 criticism, says 'small' group can't decide world's ...09:01 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United opt to field first against Karachi Kings08:39 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Man with ‘world’s largest family’ dies in India08:24 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021