Islamabad Mayor Sheikh Ansar steps down over reservations with PTI govt
Islamabad Mayor Sheikh Ansar Aziz, who is also leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), on Tuesday tendered resignation in protest around four months before the completion of his tenure.
Local media reports said that the outgoing mayor was disappointed over the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government’ interference in the local bodies matters.
Aziz, who was elected as mayor of the capital city in 2016 during tenure of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), was suspended by the PTI twice over corruption allegations.
However, the outgoing mayor was again reinstated by the Islamabad High Court (IHC) by rejecting the petitions against him.
- Mahira Khan and Hrithik Roshan rub shoulders at Red Sea International ...06:42 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan announces to provide medical education to prisoners06:23 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan launches first ever animal rights curriculum05:58 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- TikToker Ayesha Akram faces arrest for defying court orders in ...05:35 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic breaks the internet with new photos04:47 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Legendary singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan celebrates 48th birthday04:21 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022