Islamabad Mayor Sheikh Ansar steps down over reservations with PTI govt
Islamabad Mayor Sheikh Ansar Aziz, who is also leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), on Tuesday tendered resignation in protest around four months before the completion of his tenure.
Local media reports said that the outgoing mayor was disappointed over the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government’ interference in the local bodies matters.
Aziz, who was elected as mayor of the capital city in 2016 during tenure of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), was suspended by the PTI twice over corruption allegations.
However, the outgoing mayor was again reinstated by the Islamabad High Court (IHC) by rejecting the petitions against him.
- Police arrested man posturing as fake Pakistan Army Captain04:47 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 37th Millat Tractors Governors Cup Golf commences today04:20 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2020: Day 304:16 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Kapil Dev suffers heart attack, undergoes angioplasty in Delhi04:04 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020