Faisal Vawda's victory notification withheld on Shehbaz Sharif's petition
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif had challenged the results of NA-249 Karachi constituency in the court following which it issued notices to the Election Commission of Pakistan and sought replies by August 10.
In his petition filed on Tuesday, the former chief minister Punjab requested for a vote recount in the constituency where he lost to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's Faisal Vawda.
“There were massive irregularities and a vote recount should be ordered in the constituency,” the petition stated.
The PML-N president pleaded that Faisal Vawda only won from NA-249 owing to irregularities in the vote count process.
The SHC subsequently approved Shehbaz’s request for an urgent hearing of the petition and it is expected that the hearing would take place today.
Earlier on Sunday, Shehbaz requested the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to conduct a recount in NA-249.
PTI's Faisal Vawda won against Shehbaz from the constituency during the July 25 polls. Vawda had received 35,344 votes while Shehbaz bagged 34,626 votes.
- India’s Rahul Gandhi tests positive for COVID-1908:34 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests come to an end as Parliament votes on French ...08:10 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan to procure 2m Covid-19 vaccine doses from China07:15 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ex-Pemra chairman Absar Alam injured in Islamabad gun attack07:10 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PML-N’s Abbasi threatens NA Speaker to hit with a shoe in war of ...06:38 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021