Faisal Vawda's victory notification withheld on Shehbaz Sharif's petition
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif had challenged the results of NA-249 Karachi constituency in the court following which it issued notices to the Election Commission of Pakistan and sought replies by August 10.
In his petition filed on Tuesday, the former chief minister Punjab requested for a vote recount in the constituency where he lost to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's Faisal Vawda.
“There were massive irregularities and a vote recount should be ordered in the constituency,” the petition stated.
The PML-N president pleaded that Faisal Vawda only won from NA-249 owing to irregularities in the vote count process.
The SHC subsequently approved Shehbaz’s request for an urgent hearing of the petition and it is expected that the hearing would take place today.
Earlier on Sunday, Shehbaz requested the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to conduct a recount in NA-249.
PTI's Faisal Vawda won against Shehbaz from the constituency during the July 25 polls. Vawda had received 35,344 votes while Shehbaz bagged 34,626 votes.
- US Central Command chief discusses security cooperation with COAS ...12:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- SEDF, U Bank join hands for provision of subsidised credit to MSMEs ...11:19 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Afghanistan condemns Pakistan embassy attack, assures action against ...10:49 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG, Day 3: Abdullah, Imam slam tons as Pakistan continue to ...10:18 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Pakistan's most streamed Spotify artist of the year08:36 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- 'Hum Tum Season 2' in the works? Here is what Ahad Raza Mir says11:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022