Saudi King denounces Florida naval base shooting
RIYADH - Saudi Arabia's King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz has denounced a fatal shooting at the United States (US) naval base.
According to media reports, in a telephonic conversation with US President Donald Trump on Saturday, the Saudi king expressed deep sorrow over the Florida shooting, allegedly carried out by a Saudi air force member.
The Saudi King pledged cooperation with the US and affirmed that “the perpetrator of this heinous crime does not represent the Saudi people”, said the official Saudi Press Agency.
Earlier on Friday, an air force trainee opened fire at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida, killing three people and leaving another eight injured, before being shot dead by police.
The incident was the second deadly shooting at a US military installation this week.
Earlier on Wednesday, a US sailor opened fire at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard, killing two Department of Defense civilian employees and wounded another civilian before committing suicide.
- Senators express concern over wheat shortage, price hike10:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan Army airlifts 22 LUMS students trapped in Gilgit snow08:02 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Govt allows duty-free import of wheat to tackle crisis07:35 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- PSL 2020 tickets to go up for sale tonight07:08 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Tourism industry sets to take off after govt embraces digitization07:06 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani thanks fans for showering her with love01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Fahad Mustafa lauds Humayun Saeed for his acting in MPTH01:24 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Sarmad Khoosat considers withdrawing Zindagi Tamasha after hundreds ...01:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019