US, Iran tensions: UN chief expresses deep concern over deteriorating Middle East situation
NEW YORK - United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres has expressed his deep concern over the deteriorating situation of the Middle East and called on parties concerned to exercise maximum restraint to avoid escalation of global tensions.
While talking to reporters at the UN headquarters in New York, describing the catastrophic results of wars, the UN chief said that it is our common duty to avoid wars as war brings terrible human sufferings and ordinary people pay the highest price in wars.
Meanwhile, in a telephonic conversation, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo discussed the situation of the Middle East and Venezuela with the UN Secretary-General.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020