Ramazan: What is the significance of Lailatul Qadr?
However, many of them are oblivious to the significance of Lailatul Qadr.
The word Lailatul Qadr is the compilation of two words - Lail (Night) and Qadr (Power, Value) - so the meaning is the 'Night of Power' or 'Night of Value'.
It is referred to as the holiest in the whole Islamic year, as the Quran was revealed on the said night.
Allah Almighty says in the Holy Quran: “Verily! We have sent it (Quran) down in the Night of Decree (Lailatul Qadr). And what will make you know what the Night of Decree is? The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months. Therein descend the angels and the Rooh (i.e. Gabriel) by Allaah’s Permission with all Decrees, Peace! until the appearance of dawn.” (Surah Al Qadr Ch. 97 Verse. 1 – 5)
The Muslims stay up and pray whole night to find Lailatul Qadr, hoping huge reward from the Almighty.
As to the importance of Lailatul Qadr (the night of Decree), it is said to be better than a thousand months which more than the average life of a human being.
Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH), says (Narrated by Abu Huraira ): "Whoever fasted the month of Ramazan out of sincere Faith (i.e. belief) and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his past sins will be forgiven, and whoever stood for the prayers in the night of Qadr out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven ." (Sahih Al Bukhari Vol. 3 Book of Lailatul Qadr hadith 2014)
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020