PML-N top brass presses ECP to review appointment of 'biased' Hassan Askari Rizvi
Addressing a press conference, former premier Shahid Khaqan Abbasi expressed that Hassan Askari was ignorant about the constitution adding that the high-profile appointment in Punjab would cast doubts about the whole election process.
'The individuals proposed by PML-N were of better repute without any doubt of partiality,' claimed the former chief executive.
He advocated that the interim set up should be neutral and the impartiality should be visible, terming Askari's appointment 'unfortunate'.
Abbasi continued that the opinion of Hassan Askari Rizvi towards democracy and Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz was biased adding that few of the articles by the said analyst also substantiated the same.
He also cited a statement of Hassan Askari that ti was too difficult to conduct elections in simmering heat, asking ECP to review its decision over the appointment.
Dr Hasan Askari named caretaker Punjab chief ... 10:40 AM | 7 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) announced on Thursday that Dr. Hassan Askari Rizvi, a political ...
'It has become evident that the forthcoming elections will not be fair and transparent,' declared the former premier.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi was flanked by senior leaders of PML-N in his press conference who also voiced their concerns regarding Hassan Askari's appointment as the interim chief executive of Punjab.
Former Railways minister, Khawaja Saad Rafique expressed that they respected Hassan Askari, however, his political views were evident.
Admitting that Hassan Askari was a learned scholar, Saad urged the analyst to himself take back his name.
'Hassan Askari appeared as a vibrant and staunch supporter of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf on television and he is a biased individual,' alleged Saad Rafique.
The Election Commission of Pakistan had picked Hassan Askari Rizvi from among four nominees on Thursday after the government and opposition failed to reach a consensus on the matter.
Askari's name was proposed by the opposition party, Pakistan Tehreek-e- Insaf, which hailed the decisionn of polls watchdog.
ECP Rejects Reservations
The Election Commission of Pakistan swung into action minutes after the reservations aired by PML-N leaders and outrightly rejected the allegations hurled at Hassan Askari Rizvi, virtually implying that the decision would not be withdrawn.
- Brazilian football legend Pelé feels ‘strong' after recent ...01:05 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Quetta court grants police five-day physical remand of Azam Swati in ...12:32 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- PTI lawmaker likely to be arrested over protest outside Peshawar ...11:51 AM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Madhuri Dixit recreates Pakistani TikTok girl's dance moves on 'Mera ...07:38 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- #Aaobaatkarein - Pakistani celebrities spread awareness on World AIDS ...11:41 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022