PCB steps forward to support cricketers facing financial crunches amid Covid-19
LAHORE - The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has provided financial assistance and has sent cheques to match officials, cricketers suffering through the financial crisis.
PCB through its welfare fund sent checks to 161 cricketers, 93 groundsmen, 20 umpires, and one match-referee.
“We acknowledge your past participation in cricket activities and has introduced a scheme to help you in difficult financial situations,” PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan’s letter to beneficiaries.
“Hopefully this vulnerable situation and your problems will end soon. We are united and the PCB will continue to support you despite having limited resources,” he added.
It must be noted that yesterday, Wasim Khan and Chief Operating Officer Barrister Salman donated PKR 1.5m and PKR 0.5m respectively in the welfare fund.
- Pakistan surpasses 259,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,477 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020