Pledge For Parity: Pakistan to mark International Women's Day
The theme of the day this year is ‘Pledge For Parity’.
Various political, social, cultural and educational organizations will organise functions to mark the day. Conferences, seminars, exhibitions, festivals and concerts will be held to highlight women's economic, political and social rights and raise issues faced by women in society.
Radio Pakistan and PTV will present different programmes to highlight the role of women in the country.
It is a global celebration which aims to inspire women across the world.
While International Women's Day is now largely aimed at inspiring women across the world and celebrating their achievements, its roots are in movements campaigning for better pay and voting rights.
The first National Women’s Day was marked on 28 February 1909 in the United States after a declaration by the Socialist Party of America.
During an International Conference of Working Women in Copenhagen the following year, Clara Zetkin, leader of the 'Women's Office' for the Social Democratic Party in Germany, suggested the idea of an International Women's Day.
She proposed that every year in every country there should be a celebration on the same day. The idea was met with unanimous approval.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021