T20 World Cup: Free wi-fi service at six stadiums in India
The service provider has fixed a certain range to allow only spectators inside these stadiums to have access.
The free wi-fi service will be available at stadiums in Bangalore, Dharmashala, Kolkata, Mohali, New Delhi and Mumbai.
The ICC World T20 2016 will begin with a qualifying round comprising eight teams, the top two of which will qualify for the main round. This qualifying round begins March 8 with Zimbabwe playing Hong Kong and will go on till March 13 when Bangladesh will play Oman.
The eight teams in this round are Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Ireland, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Scotland, Oman, and Zimbabwe.
There are more than 600 Wi-Fi access points scattered across each stadium to ensure proper coverage in every corner of the arena, while Eden Gardens in Kolkata has 1101 access points, which is understandable given the sheer size of the stadium and the seating capacity of 68,000, Cricket Country reported.
“We supported connectivity for about 30,000 people in Mumbai. At any given point, 20,000 people were continuously connected through wi-fi. It was delivering speed of 15-35 megabit per second,” the spokesperson for the internet providers was quoted as saying.
At Feroz Shah Kotla, 650 access points has been installed to support 40,000 connected devices during T20 matches, starting March 23.
The wi-fi service will support 68,000 connections at Eden Garden, 41,000 at Feroz Shah Kotla, 33,000 at Wankhede, 26,000 at Mohali, 35,000 at Chinnaswamy Stadium and 23,000 at Dharamshala Stadium.
- Security forces arrest five TTP terrorists in Sindh11:02 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests – Sheikh Rasheed arrives in Lahore for third round of ...10:30 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan team practice in Harare ahead of first T2010:18 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- China establishes world's largest 5G mobile network09:38 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- How many Pakistanis are expected to perform Hajj this year, reveals ...08:55 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021