Italy to stage first digital Fashion Week in July amid virus crisis
ROME - Italy will stage its first digital Fashion Week in Milan in July, as the luxury fashion sector struggles to rebound from the coronavirus crisis.
"This is a concrete response to the need for promotion and business on the part of brands," Italy's National Chamber of Fashion said in a statement.
"Milano Digital Fashion Week" from July 14-17 will allow for the presentation of spring/summer 2021 men's collections and spring/summer 2021 men's and women's pre-collections, along with a platform designed to give access to showrooms.
The digital offerings will include the photo and video content, backstage interviews with designers, as well as webinars and live streaming of keynote speeches, visible on www.cameramoda, IT, Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Weibo, YouTube.
The French Federation of Haute Couture and Fashion announced a similar initiative on Wednesday, with an online presentation of spring/summer 2021 men's ready-to-wear from July 9 to 13.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the upcoming ready-to-wear week and haute couture shows in Paris in June and July have been canceled.
In March, Italy's fashion chamber announced that men's shows scheduled for June would be pushed back until September, joining the women's shows.
The coronavirus emergency erupted in Italy in late February, during Milan's Fashion Week, causing some designers to present their runway shows without audiences.
Thousands of Chinese buyers and media were prevented from traveling to the shows, forcing the fashion chamber to offer digital alternatives to the runway shows and showrooms.
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan marks “World No Tobacco Day” today11:49 AM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020