Two Pakistani writers make it to BBC's list of 100 novels that shaped our world
Shamsie's Home Fire is in the 'Politics, Power & Protest' category while Hamid's novel The Reluctant Fundamentalist joins the 'Crime & Conflict' category.
The Pakistani authors have won several accolades internationally for their work.
A BBC-assembled expert panel consisting of six leading British writers, curators and critics compiled this list of 100 books which have made a large cultural and personal impact on a global scale.
The panel of experts that assembled this list included Radio 4 Front Row presenter and Times Literary Supplement editor Stig Abell, broadcaster Mariella Frostrup, authors Juno Dawson, Kit de Waal and Alexander McCall Smith, and Bradford Festival Literary Director Syima Aslam.
Other famous authors noted in this list include George R R Martin’s famous book series, A Song of Ice and Fire was also named in the list. Khaled Hosseini’s A Thousand Splendid Suns, Jane Austin’s classic Pride and Prejudice, Elif Shafak’s Forty Rules of Love was also spotted in this list.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020