Two Pakistani writers make it to BBC's list of 100 novels that shaped our world
Shamsie's Home Fire is in the 'Politics, Power & Protest' category while Hamid's novel The Reluctant Fundamentalist joins the 'Crime & Conflict' category.
The Pakistani authors have won several accolades internationally for their work.
A BBC-assembled expert panel consisting of six leading British writers, curators and critics compiled this list of 100 books which have made a large cultural and personal impact on a global scale.
The panel of experts that assembled this list included Radio 4 Front Row presenter and Times Literary Supplement editor Stig Abell, broadcaster Mariella Frostrup, authors Juno Dawson, Kit de Waal and Alexander McCall Smith, and Bradford Festival Literary Director Syima Aslam.
Other famous authors noted in this list include George R R Martin’s famous book series, A Song of Ice and Fire was also named in the list. Khaled Hosseini’s A Thousand Splendid Suns, Jane Austin’s classic Pride and Prejudice, Elif Shafak’s Forty Rules of Love was also spotted in this list.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PTM's Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019