Two Pakistani writers make it to BBC's list of 100 novels that shaped our world
Shamsie's Home Fire is in the 'Politics, Power & Protest' category while Hamid's novel The Reluctant Fundamentalist joins the 'Crime & Conflict' category.
The Pakistani authors have won several accolades internationally for their work.
A BBC-assembled expert panel consisting of six leading British writers, curators and critics compiled this list of 100 books which have made a large cultural and personal impact on a global scale.
The panel of experts that assembled this list included Radio 4 Front Row presenter and Times Literary Supplement editor Stig Abell, broadcaster Mariella Frostrup, authors Juno Dawson, Kit de Waal and Alexander McCall Smith, and Bradford Festival Literary Director Syima Aslam.
Other famous authors noted in this list include George R R Martin’s famous book series, A Song of Ice and Fire was also named in the list. Khaled Hosseini’s A Thousand Splendid Suns, Jane Austin’s classic Pride and Prejudice, Elif Shafak’s Forty Rules of Love was also spotted in this list.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Indian police shoot dead 4 suspects in rape-murder case01:55 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019