Gen Raheel Sharif didn't invite me to Defence Day ceremony, says Pervez Musharraf
Other former army chiefs including Ashfaq Pervez Kiyani and Aslam Baig were invited to the ceremony.
In a recent interview the former army general was seen saying "neither they invited me to the ceremony nor I went there."
However while commenting about the performance of General Raheel Sharif he said the army chief has attained extraordinary popularity in return of his remarkable services and he has become a ray of hope for the people of Pakistan.
When the anchor asked him to explain why did he demand an extension for General Raheel Sharif, Musharraf said I did not demand another tenure for the COAS but it was a simple comment that I made during an interview.
It is also pertinent to be mentioned here that Pervez Musharraf is currently being tried in a special court for the charges of high treason.
- PIA becomes first airline to operate direct flights to Fujairah02:00 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows direct entry from Pakistan, other countries01:32 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan vs India T20 World Cup match sets new viewership record12:30 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Man sentenced to death for smuggling Netflix’s Squid Game into ...09:15 PM | 25 Nov, 2021
- Mushk Kaleem all set to marry Nadir Zia next month08:17 PM | 25 Nov, 2021