Shehryar Afridi elected as Head of Parliamentary Committee on Kashmir
ISLAMABAD - Minister of State for SAFRON Shehryar Afridi has been elected as Chairman of the Parliamentary Committee on Kashmir.
Shehryar Afridi has replaced Syed Fakhar Imam who was leading the Parliamentary Committee on Kashmir since 2019.
Sanaullah Khan Mastokhel proposed Shehryar Afridi's name for the committee’s top slot, however, PML-N's Khurram Dastagir and Mushahidullah Khan and PPP leader Sherry Rehman boycotted the proceedings and argued that they had not been consulted for the unanimous election of the committee.
Later, the committee elected Shehryar Afridi as the new head of the committee.
Later, addressing the committee, Shehryar Afridi said that all political parties speak with one voice on Kashmir issue and he would take all parties along.
Shehryar Afridi served as the Minister of State for Interior from 31 August 2018 to 18 April 2019.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020