Shehryar Afridi elected as Head of Parliamentary Committee on Kashmir
ISLAMABAD - Minister of State for SAFRON Shehryar Afridi has been elected as Chairman of the Parliamentary Committee on Kashmir.
Shehryar Afridi has replaced Syed Fakhar Imam who was leading the Parliamentary Committee on Kashmir since 2019.
Sanaullah Khan Mastokhel proposed Shehryar Afridi's name for the committee’s top slot, however, PML-N's Khurram Dastagir and Mushahidullah Khan and PPP leader Sherry Rehman boycotted the proceedings and argued that they had not been consulted for the unanimous election of the committee.
Later, the committee elected Shehryar Afridi as the new head of the committee.
Later, addressing the committee, Shehryar Afridi said that all political parties speak with one voice on Kashmir issue and he would take all parties along.
Shehryar Afridi served as the Minister of State for Interior from 31 August 2018 to 18 April 2019.
- Pakistan nears 253,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,320 confirmed dead10:18 AM | 14 Jul, 2020
- COVID-19 to get worse if Govts fail to take more decisive action: ...09:53 AM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Federal Cabinet meeting to discuss political, economic situation today09:09 AM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns Houthi’s missile, UAV attacks on Saudi ...08:35 AM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus immunity may disappear in only few months after ...12:00 AM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Esra Bilgic trolled for wearing an ‘inappropriate’ outfit06:58 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Afridi wish the Bachchan family a speedy ...02:11 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Malala Yousafzai turns 2301:48 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020