Pakistan issue SOP’s to air transportation of coronavirus infected bodies
ISLAMABAD - The government of Pakistan has allowed air transportation of COVID-19-infected bodies to bring back Pakistanis who died due to the deadly virus abroad.
According to media reports, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has issued standard operating procedures (SOPs) in this regard.
The SOPs will come into immediate effect with instructions for all airline operators/authorised flight permission agents/charter operators/ground handlers to fully adhere to the guidelines during transportation of bodies, said the notification.
It said that transportation of coronavirus-infected bodies from Pakistan to foreign destinations shall be governed by the policy of that country, while transportation of bodies within Pakistan shall be governed by specific guidelines issued by the Ministry of National Health Services.
According to the guidelines, an airline will be required to inform the CAA about bringing any coronavirus-infected body to the country at least 48 hours prior to its arrival.
The airplane and the area where the body will be placed must have disinfectants.
SOP’s for the people who will handle the body has also been issued according to which the staff will have to wear protective suits, face masks, gloves, face shields and goggles while transporting or receiving the infected body.
- ‘You are our heroes’: CJCSC Gen Nadeem confers civil awards on ...09:54 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Saudi Arabia announces to restore Umrah pilgrimage in phases09:32 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Brand Spectrum wins Best Social Media Campaign recognition at ...09:12 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Army inducts powerful VT-4 tanks with ultra-modern technology08:01 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Sigh of relief as Pakistan govt reduces prices of 94 lifesaving drugs07:45 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020