Deepika Padukone fears relapsing into depression
Deepika said at the summit, "I don't think I can say that I'm completely over it (depression). There is always a fear at the back of my mind that I might have a relapse because it has been such a bad experience for me."
Upon asking if her being vocal about her depression ever caused her trouble in her career, she responded:
"Maybe there are people who haven't offered me films because they think I was depressed and I can't act. Maybe, I don't know. I'm in a good space because I can choose the movies that I want to act in, but I don't think everyone has that luxury of where they want to work or when they want to work."
The star been the founder of The Live Love Laugh foundation - in solidarity with people who are fighting the illness. She puts emphasis on being more open about the topic.“A large part of the stigma comes from the fact that we (just) talk about physical education in schools. I had physical education in my school, but we didn’t talk about mental health.”
“The idea really was to change the way people in India and the world see mental illness,” as she talked about opening up her battle against depression.
Deepika's upcoming project is Padmavati; directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. It also stars Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor.
Follow us: https://www.instagram.com/dailypakistandp/
- Govt refuses to divulge information on gifts received by PM Imran ...03:20 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- LHC full bench hearing cases against Musharraf, Zardari and Gillani ...02:10 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Kiwis captain terms pulling out of Pakistan ahead of historic series ...01:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- At least eight killed in shooting at Russian university in Perm ...12:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subasi stuns fans with new swimsuit photo05:26 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021