‘Tenet’ kicks off with $20m in the U.S. and nabs $150m globally
Chris Nolan's Tenet is off to a very solid start as it grossed around $53 million in 41 territories outside the U.S., including Canada.
On Sunday, Warner Bros. told the press, that the studio was “very pleased” with initial results, emphasising that the rollout of “Tenet” will be “a marathon not a sprint.”
“There is literally no context in which to compare the results of a film opening during a pandemic with any other circumstance,” the studio said. “We are in unprecedented territory, so any comparisons to the pre-COVID world would be inequitable and baseless.”
In the U.S., Nolan’s last three movies opened with domestic earnings between $47 million and $63 million.
“Tenet” is the first mega blockbuster to debut in the U.S. after the pandemic forced cinemas to shut down in March. It was originally slated to release in July but was postponed multiple times as cases of the virus continued to increase.
Its being reported, Tenet‘s debut is merely the beginning of the theatrical reopening process on all fronts and its initial performance will be different for success as most films would under normal circumstances.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Houthis' attacks on Saudi Arabia11:39 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020