Skincare fridges are the new beauty trend but are they really useful?
According to Vogue, Vitamin C, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, DHA, and anything preservative-free should be put in a cool environment. By doing so, you’ll make sure that they don’t lose their potency or develop bacterial growth. Retinol is expensive enough so the idea of it developing any sort of bacteria is a hard no.
“Products that will benefit from storing them in cooler temperatures are gel-based moisturisers or masks. When applied to the face, the product will help cool irritated skin, reduce puffiness and redness,” says Dr Preema Vig, medical director of the Dr Preema London Clinic.
“Gel-based skincare products can be stored at room temperature, but keeping them in the fridge simply gives that cooling sensation to the area where the product is applied. The cool products can provide comfort to erythema (a type of skin inflammation causing redness) or compromised skin, and aids the natural healing properties to calm and balance the skin.”
Another thing that experts agree is good to keep in the fridge is eye cream.
“Applying a cold product on the sensitive under-eye area helps vasoconstriction (narrowing of the blood vessels), which reduces puffiness and dark circles. The product will give those tired eyes a refreshed look every morning,” explains Dr Sabrina Shah Desai, aesthetic ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeon and director of Perfect Eyes Ltd.
- Five terrorists killed by security forces in N Waziristan operation: ...11:24 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Six arrested for chanting 'Pakistan Zindabad' in New Delhi (VIDEO)10:41 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Saudi Arabia opens first drive-in cinema in Riyadh10:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- South Africa beat Pakistan by 13 runs in women’s 2nd ODI10:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Infinix unveils latest Hot 10 play at PKR 16,99910:10 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021