Thatta to get a brand new museum
THATTA - Thatta is an ancient city of Pakistan. Thatta was the medieval capital of Sindh and served as the seat of power for three successive dynasties. Thatta's historic significance has yielded several monuments in and around the city.
Thatta's Makli Necropolis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the site of one of the world's largest cemeteries and has numerous monumental tombs built between the 14th and 18th centuries designed in a synthetic funerary style characteristic of lower Sindh.
The museum is under development these days. Let's have a look at some of the pictures:
Thatta may have been the main port on the Indus during the time of Alexander the Great’s invasion. A lot of schools and universities take their students to Thatta to learn about the history of Pakistan.
There are many tourist spots at the city including the historical Makli hills, Keenjhar Lake, Shah Jahan Mosque, Gujjo Town and handicrafts enriched bazaars from where the travelers whole-heartedly buy hand-printed fabrics, glass bangles, Sindhi embroidery, and pottery, etc.
- NAB given one month to file reference against Ahsan Iqbal11:37 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif gets exemption from appearance in Chaudhry Sugar Mills ...11:01 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Legal fraternity asks govt to withdraw reference against Justice Isa10:42 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Flight operation between Pakistan, Saudi Arabia not disrupted by ...10:31 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN chief asks India to stop anti-Muslim violence, invoking ‘spirit ...10:02 AM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Celebrities speak out against the brutal treatment of Muslims in Delhi02:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- ‘Ehd-e-Wafa’ makers planning to air finale in cinemas02:15 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019