We can all live in peace, there's no need for us to continue to suffer: Malala Yousafzai
The 22-year-peace-activist issued a statement on Twitter in solidarity with the people of Kashmir, “The people of Kashmir have lived in violence since I was a child. For seven decades the children of Kashmir have grown up amidst violence.”
The people of Kashmir have lived in conflict since I was a child, since my mother and father were children, since my grandparents were young. pic.twitter.com/Qdq0j2hyN9— Malala (@Malala) August 8, 2019
Malala voiced her concern for Kashmir since South Asia is her home, a place she shares with 1.8 billion people including Kashmiris.
Worried about the negative impact the violence would have on women and children, Malala said, “I am worried about the safety of the Kashmiri children and women, the most vulnerable to violence and the most likely to suffer losses in the conflict.”
“There is no need for us to continue to suffer and hurt each other,” she further wrote.
She urged all South Asians, the international community and authorities to step in and help solve the humanitarian crisis.
She concluded the note saying, “I hope all South Asians, the international community and concerned authorities respond to their suffering. Whatever disagreements we may have, we must always defend human rights, prioritise the safety of children and women, and focus on peacefully resolving the seven-decade-old conflict in Kashmir.”
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Balochistan schools to remain closed till March 1, 202112:03 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PAKVSNZ: Six Pakistani cricket players test coronavirus positive11:41 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari tests positive for coronavirus10:01 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 26 November 202009:34 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:27 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020