Miracle: Old man survives despite heart stopping for 50 minutes
The incident has been termed a miracle by doctors treating the businessman from Sanad. Patel underwent a prolonged cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) procedure, in which before undergoing an emergency angioplasty, around 100 chest compression are given to revive a stopped heart.
The entire medical procedure was interestingly coordinated through instant messaging service WhatsApp and over the phone by the doctors who treated Patel.
Dr. Ashish Saxena of Navajivan hospital in Sanand, who initially treated Patel said that the patient's heart had already stopped beating when he was rushed to the hospital.
His heart revived only after giving chest compressions and electric shocks for 50 minutes.
Dr. Ravi Sanghvi who is a cardiologist at a corporate hospital in Ghuma was in regular touch over Whatsapp and calls.
"I was in constant touch with Dr Saxena over the phone and WhatsApp, assisting him in the prolonged CPR.
The patient even went into a coma and chances of his brain revival were lowered because blood was not reaching his brain," a report in The Times of India quoted Dr Singhvi, as saying.
Patel was discharged from the hospital last week.
- AirBlue surprises passengers with huge cut in domestic flight fares02:32 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Marry, divorce, remarry’ – Man weds same woman four times for ...02:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PIA all set to start direct flights from Karachi to Skardu01:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari wins hearts by reciting Naat07:23 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021