Tips to take care of hairs in winter season
NEW DELHI (Web Desk) - Winder season can create a havoc on your hair. Here are tips to take care of hairs in winter season.
Invest in a good quality shampoo and conditioner to get a healthy shine. However, avoid using too much of shampoo, as it is a fact that due to cold winter winds, your hair and scalp are left dry. Wash your hair not more than twice a week and use lukewarm water to avoid frizziness and to maximise moisture.
A hair conditioner is a must, Apply a suitable conditioner each time you wash your hair, focusing only on the strands of hair, avoiding the scalp. This provides a shine to your hair and prevents it from breakage.
Add a hair treatment mask once a week to your hair care routine to keep your locks healthy!
Avoid using a hairdryer. Ideally, it is always good to let your hair dry naturally. If you are using a hairdryer, don't over dry your hair as it will leave it frizzy and damaged.
Try to set your hairdryer on the 'cool' mode as it is gentler, although it might be a little time consuming.
Try not to leave the house with wet hair. The cold weather can freeze the hair at the cuticle and cause it to break.
If you use heat styling tools, like curling tongs or hair straighteners, then you must always use a good quality, nourishing heat defence spray or leave-in conditioner to protect your hair and keep it looking glossy and hydrated.
This is especially important during winter, when cold wind, rain and the added heat from styling tools all contribute to hair damage.
Use natural oil. In extreme weather, be it winter or summer, it is essential to put moisture back in your hair to prevent it from breaking. Moisturise your hair once a week with a hot oil treatment to promote a healthy scalp and nourished hair. Some natural oils that work particularly well include coconut oil, avocado oil and almond oil.
Trim your hair! It is essential to refresh your haircut regularly in order to get rid of split ends. Aim to get it done every six to eight weeks, as this will promote healthy hair and hair growth.
Cover your crown to protect your hair from the cold. Make sure to wear a scarf or a hat to lock in the moisture of your tresses and to save it from breakage.
Also to avoid frizzy, static-prone hair in the winter months, keep your hair tied up as much as possible, particularly when out and about, and especially when exercising.
Courtesy: Times of India
- UAE extends deadline of $2bn loan repayment for Pakistan12:13 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani origin young innovator named in Forbes' 30 Under 30 list11:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Teenage boy 'gang-raped', filmed by six in Punjab’s Pakpattan11:14 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Over 100 clerics of banned TLP placed on fourth schedule10:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-20-Updated ...09:56 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021