Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan's Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed says the country will start Asia's first ever e-passport service in the beginning of next year.
Addressing a ceremony in Islamabad on Wednesday to launch important initiatives by Directorate General of Immigration and Passports, Rashid said this online facility will enable people get their passports at home without travelling and waiting in queues at passport offices.
The initiatives included revamping online passport facility, fast track delivery service at zonal offices, upgradation of website of Director General of Immigration and Passports and inauguration of its official logo.
He said passport delivery service has been revamped and now one can get it within twenty four hours.
The online facility is also being given for renunciation of citizenship and getting emergency travel documents.
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021