Govt taking measures to reduce electricity rates, says Umar Ayub
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Energy Umar Ayub Khan said that the government is taking measures to decrease electricity rates for consumers by launching renewal energy projects.
Talking to a private news channel, the minister said that he renewal energy projects would be launched countrywide to bring the energy rates down.
He said a new energy policy would be formulated to balance the system in the electricity sector.
Expressing satisfaction over the performance of the energy department, he said that after controlling electricity theft in the country, the government has recovered 112 billion rupees.
- Nazi-inspired RSS ideology taking over India, may lead to bloodshed: ...03:33 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Punjab Cabinet declares PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif as “absconder”01:46 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Trump's offer of mediation on Kashmir negation of India's narrative, ...01:18 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi calls out Hindutva activists, urges world to take ...01:12 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Sonya Hussyn was never in my books for MPTH: Khalil ur Rehman12:35 AM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019