Govt taking measures to reduce electricity rates, says Umar Ayub
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Energy Umar Ayub Khan said that the government is taking measures to decrease electricity rates for consumers by launching renewal energy projects.
Talking to a private news channel, the minister said that he renewal energy projects would be launched countrywide to bring the energy rates down.
He said a new energy policy would be formulated to balance the system in the electricity sector.
Expressing satisfaction over the performance of the energy department, he said that after controlling electricity theft in the country, the government has recovered 112 billion rupees.
- PIA barred from flying to US over security concerns10:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan gears up efforts to tackle Covid-19 misinformation on social ...08:40 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- UK Visa Application Centres in Pakistan re-opening form July 2708:13 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PTCL launches customer support services in Sindhi language07:20 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020