SBP asks Pakistani banks to deduct Rs2.5 on each ATM transaction
ISLAMABAD – The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has asked all banks to charge customers Rs2.5 on each transaction and balance inquiry through ATM [Automated Teller machine] machines.
The new bank scheduled charges were to implement with the advent of the New Year i.e. Jan 1, 2021 but they could not come into effect for some reasons.
The amount is received as cost of slips taken by customers after each transaction, told a representative of a Habib Bank Limited (HBL), which social media users say is the first bank to implement the policy, when contacted through helpline.
The representative also confirmed that the service charges are being deducted from Feb 1. The customers will have to pay the Rs2.5 whether they use own bank’s ATM or others’.
The latest addition in the bank service charges has sparked a fury on social media with some labeling it as “absurd”. Here are some reactions;
- Pakistan's Gharidah Farooqi is not going to AuratMarch, but why?02:05 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- PASSEX – Pakistan, Oman navy ships hold joint naval exercise01:25 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-08- Updated ...12:35 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Bollywood actor Mithunda joins Modi's BJP06:27 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021