SBP asks Pakistani banks to deduct Rs2.5 on each ATM transaction
ISLAMABAD – The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has asked all banks to charge customers Rs2.5 on each transaction and balance inquiry through ATM [Automated Teller machine] machines.
The new bank scheduled charges were to implement with the advent of the New Year i.e. Jan 1, 2021 but they could not come into effect for some reasons.
The amount is received as cost of slips taken by customers after each transaction, told a representative of a Habib Bank Limited (HBL), which social media users say is the first bank to implement the policy, when contacted through helpline.
The representative also confirmed that the service charges are being deducted from Feb 1. The customers will have to pay the Rs2.5 whether they use own bank’s ATM or others’.
The latest addition in the bank service charges has sparked a fury on social media with some labeling it as “absurd”. Here are some reactions;
- Quetta court grants police five-day physical remand of Azam Swati in ...12:32 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- PTI lawmaker likely to be arrested over protest outside Peshawar ...11:51 AM | 4 Dec, 2022
- IS claims attack on Pakistan’s top diplomat in Afghanistan11:18 AM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan’s star javelin thrower Arshad Nadeem goes under the knife ...10:48 AM | 4 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG, 1st Test: England lose openers early; lead trail by 78 runs ...10:21 AM | 4 Dec, 2022
- #Aaobaatkarein - Pakistani celebrities spread awareness on World AIDS ...11:41 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022