SBP asks Pakistani banks to deduct Rs2.5 on each ATM transaction
ISLAMABAD – The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has asked all banks to charge customers Rs2.5 on each transaction and balance inquiry through ATM [Automated Teller machine] machines.
The new bank scheduled charges were to implement with the advent of the New Year i.e. Jan 1, 2021 but they could not come into effect for some reasons.
The amount is received as cost of slips taken by customers after each transaction, told a representative of a Habib Bank Limited (HBL), which social media users say is the first bank to implement the policy, when contacted through helpline.
The representative also confirmed that the service charges are being deducted from Feb 1. The customers will have to pay the Rs2.5 whether they use own bank’s ATM or others’.
The latest addition in the bank service charges has sparked a fury on social media with some labeling it as “absurd”. Here are some reactions;
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021