Indian man held for harassing Sachin Tendulkar's daughter
According to Indian media, a 32-year-old man, who has been identified as Debkumar Maity, was apprehended for passing obscene comments about Sara Tendulkar and threatening her on phone. The accused reportedly called around 20 times on the landline number of Tendulkar's house since January 2.
The former skipper lodged a complaint at Bandra police station. Following the complaint, the police traced the number and arrested Maity from Mahishadal in East Midnapore district. The accused was shifted to Mumbai today for interrogation.
According to NDTV, the man has reportedly told the police as "I saw her on TV sitting at the pavilion during a match and fell in love...I want to marry her".
A policeman, who arrested Maity, said that the accused wanted to marry the girl and also threatened to kidnap her for refusing the proposal.
According to Maity's family, he is suffering from mental illness. However, a medical test in this regard will also be conducted by the police.
- ILT20: 24 UAE players announced for the inaugural edition01:42 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan Women's football team camp begins in Lahore01:20 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- MP Black, Remington qualify for Corps Commander Polo Cup main final12:31 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Waqar, Nasir Iqbal breeze into Combaxx 1st CNS All Pakistan Squash ...12:11 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Dananeer and Khushhal gear up for a new TV project09:41 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ranbir Kapoor hopes to work with Pakistani artists in future11:30 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022