Terror safe havens still operational inside Pakistan, alleges CIA chief
"We are doing our best to inform Pakistanis that it was no longer going to be acceptable. So this- this conditioned aid, we've given them a chance. If they fix this problem, we're happy to continue to engage with them and be their partner. But if they don't, we're going to protect America," Pompoe said as he appeared on 'Face the Nation' program broadcast on CBS television network.
In response to another question regarding the relationship between Islamabad and Washington on the long-standing issue of terrorism, the official clarified that the president had made very clear that he needed Pakistan to cease being a safe haven for terrorists that threaten the United States of America.
The allegations by spy chief come on the heels of discontinuation of aid to Pakistan by the tycoon-turned-president as described in his first tweet of 2018.
Trump attacks Pakistan in first tweet of 2018, ... 05:46 PM | 1 Jan, 2018
WASHINGTON - US President Donald Trump tweeted on Monday that the United States had foolishly given Pakistan over $33 ...
On the other hand, Islamabad denies the allegations arguing it launched robust anti-terror drive against the militants without any discrimination.
Pakistan maintains that it has fought world’s biggest war on terror largely from its own resources for its own peace and security and for the regional and global peace as well.
Earlier on Sunday, US Defense Secretary James Mattis said the United States was still working with Pakistan to coordinate military supply routes needed for the fight in Afghanistan.
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022