CCP issues show cause notice to Pakistan Flour Mills Association
The Commission took notice of the news reports that PFMA and its member undertakings had increased the prices of various categories of wheat/flour and its by-product between 2015 and 2016. "The agency also conducted an inspection of the premises of PMFA and impounded the relevant documents and material," says a press release issued by the CCP on Thursday.
After examining the impounded record, the Commission’s inquiry report concluded that PFMA had taken decisions to fix and increase the prices of flour and communicated the decisions to its members for compliance.
Moreover, the Executive Committee of PFMA was regularly meeting, exchanging commercially sensitive information and strategic data on flour prices and allocation of quantities between 2012 and 2014 and was also facilitating the coordination among its members, thus potentially affecting, preventing, restricting and reducing free competition in the relevant market.
On the recommendations of the inquiry report, the authority has issued a show cause notice for violating Section 4 of the Competition Act.
The Commission is mandated under the Competition Act to ensure free competition in all spheres of commercial and economic activity, to enhance economic efficiency and to protect consumers from anti-competitive behaviour including agreements and decisions prohibited under Section 4 of the Act.
- Vaccination process in Islamabad, Rawalpindi suspended as online ...05:56 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Facebook rolls out ‘Marketplace’ for entrepreneurs in Pakistan04:36 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- PAKvWI – Pakistan take on Windies in 2nd T20I today03:42 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021