Catterbox - World’s first smart collar that translates Cat Meows into Human Speech
Aptly named ‘Catterbox’, the collar supposedly has a digital sensor that detects meows, and uses a special program to decipher the meaning behind them.
Developed by London’s adam&eveDDB for Temptations cat treats, the invention comes preloaded with a dictionary of cat purrs, meows, and several other sounds to make the interpretation as accurate as possible, the Oddity Central reported.
“We’re fascinated by cats, so we set out on a mission to get to know them better,” said Pete Simmons, global brand director of Temptations.
By using the collar, owners can speak to their cats and expect a meaningful response - well, about as meaningful as a cat’s meows can get.
The sassy responses are delivered in a British accent, in a voice of the owner’s choice, selected through a smartphone app paired with the collar.
A few sample responses are demonstrated on the company’s YouTube channel - they are quite hilarious, but obviously not very convincing.
In all probability, Catterbox is just a tongue-in-cheek albeit very clever marketing gimmick.
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022