Govt nominates Balighur Rehman as new Punjab governor
ISLAMABAD – The PMLN-led federal government on Saturday nominated Balighur Rehman as the new Punjab governor.
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif sent the summary to replace incumbent Governor Omar Sarfaraz Cheema with Balighur Rehman to President Arif Alvi.
Balighur Rehman was elected from the NA-185 (Bhawalpur) in 2008 and 2013. He had served as the state minister for education, interior and narcotics control when Nawaz Sharif became prime minister after the PML-N’s victory in the 2013 elections.
After Nawaz Sharif’s removal as prime minister, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi included Balighur Rehman in his cabinet and was given the charge of education and professional training ministry.
The Shehbaz Sharif-led government had approached President Arif Alvi twice for the removal of Governor Cheema. Both times the president had instructed the governor to continue holding office until a decision has been made on the summary moved to remove him.
Imran Khan reveals reasons for opposing ex-DG ISI ... 10:51 AM | 7 May, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Former prime minister and PTI chairman Imran Khan has revealed the reasons behind his move to oppose ...
- India’s first PM Jawaharlal Nehru’s statue vandalised by Hindutva ...11:02 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Leaked phone call allegedly between Malik Riaz and Asif Zardari goes ...10:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- PropTech: the inevitable digitization of real estate in Pakistan10:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Hareem Farooq celebrates birthday in style06:22 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022