Cleric who declared himself as '11th Imam of Islam’ detained over blasphemy
In a photo making rounds on the social media, the pir (faith healer) can be seen sitting inside a police van.
Abdullah Bin Moneeb, who is believed to be a resident of Sahiwal , had declared himself as the ‘11th Rashidun Caliph of Islam’ on Friday, ordering the Muslims around the globe to follow the ‘divine command’.
“I, Imam Abdullah bin Moneeb, with the grace of God and kindness of the last Prophet (PBUH), announce that I’m the 11th Khalifa Rashid of Islam and anyone who opposes me and my followers will be damned,” the cleric said in a press conference in Sadiqabad area.
‘Pledge your allegiance to me or face Allah's ... 09:07 PM | 7 Oct, 2018
LAHORE - Police in Pakistan are searching for a middle-aged cleric, who recently declared himself as 11th Imam of Islam ...
Using a hadith to claim that the Prophet (PBUH) had predicted about his arrival, he has urged the youth of Pakistan to join him for a global uprising.
Presenting himself as the guardian of Imamate (which will be completed after the arrival of Imam Mahdi), Abudullah repeatedly announced those who will not pledge their allegiance to him will face the Almighty’s wrath.
The ridiculous offer of ‘bayt’ (oath of allegiance) came with a warning to the people. “Do not even try to humiliate or ridicule me, my family and relatives or you will receive divine punishment. I’ll never forgive the person who will insult me,” he declared.
Highlighting the plight of people in Kashmir, Palestine and other Muslim countries, the cleric stressed it is ‘compulsory’ for the COAS Qamar Javed Bajwa and PM Imran Khan to follow him otherwise God’s wrath was inevitable.
'HOLY and HOMO': America’s first gay 'imam' 08:24 PM | 29 Jun, 2015
WASHINGTON - Daayiee Abdullah has been strongly criticised by many Muslim leaders and local imams, but he is proud of ...
A first information report (FIR) registered in this connection quoted the man as saying that his ‘arrival’ had been predicted by saints of the past. Police have started an investigation into the matter, ascertaining if the man had committed blasphemy or was suffering from a mental disorder.
The Rashidun Caliphs (Rightly Guided Caliphs), often simply called, collectively, "the Rashidun", is a term used in Islam to refer to the 30-year reign of the first four caliphs (successors) of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), namely: Abu Bakr (RA), Umar ibn Khattab (RA), Uthman ibn Affan (RA), and Ali ibn Abu Talib (RA).
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019