Syria: ISIS ‘minister of war’ among 40 terrorists killed in Russian air strike
“As a result of a precision air strike of the Russian air forces in the vicinity of Deir Ezzor city, a command post, communication centre and some 40 IS fighters have been killed,” the Russian defence ministry said in a statement posted on Facebook.
According to confirmed data, the ministry added, among the killed fighters are “four influential field commanders including Deir Ezzor emir Abu Mohammed al-Shimali” (also known as Tirad Al-Jarba).
Al-Shimali, an Iraqi-born Saudi citizen and a former Al-Qaeda member, pledged his allegiance to ISIS in 2015 and later became notorious for being the one in charge of smuggling foreign fighters into its territory.
Reports of Khalimov's death have surfaced before, and the Tajik interior ministry said that it could not immediately confirm the claim.
In 2016, the United States offered a $3m bounty for information leading to Khalimov's location or arrest.
The trained sniper and former colonel, he was apparently wounded in 2015 but survived.
He headed the Tajik interior ministry's special forces unit and received American training before joining IS in 2015, pledging allegiance to the terrorist group in a video released in May 2015.
- Turkish President #RecepTayyipErdogan calls for settlement of ...11:36 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Mardan orphan student sets record by obtaining full marks in matric10:57 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Taliban ask to speak at UN, nominate Suhail Shaheen as Afghan envoy10:32 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran hints at civil war if Taliban fail to form inclusive govt in ...10:06 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:33 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021