PM Imran directs NDMA to assess rain damages in Sindh & KP
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed the Chairman National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) to assess the damages caused by recent rains in Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhawa (KP) in coordination with the provincial governments.
While presiding over the meeting of National Coordination Committee (NCC) on Floods in Islamabad, the directives came so that relief activities could be further improved and a joint strategy be formed by the federal and provincial governments regarding the compensation for damages.
The Chairman NDMA and Provincial Chief Secretaries briefed the prime minister about the current monsoon, situation of rains in various parts of the country, losses of life and property and the relief activities being carried.
The meeting was also briefed about the relief activities being carried out by Pakistan Army.
The Prime Minister stressed the need for better coordination among all the federal and provincial institutions to tackle climate change challenges.
- PM Imran lauds Chinese leadership for socio-economic priorities08:34 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020