PM Imran directs NDMA to assess rain damages in Sindh & KP
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed the Chairman National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) to assess the damages caused by recent rains in Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhawa (KP) in coordination with the provincial governments.
While presiding over the meeting of National Coordination Committee (NCC) on Floods in Islamabad, the directives came so that relief activities could be further improved and a joint strategy be formed by the federal and provincial governments regarding the compensation for damages.
The Chairman NDMA and Provincial Chief Secretaries briefed the prime minister about the current monsoon, situation of rains in various parts of the country, losses of life and property and the relief activities being carried.
The meeting was also briefed about the relief activities being carried out by Pakistan Army.
The Prime Minister stressed the need for better coordination among all the federal and provincial institutions to tackle climate change challenges.
- US wants better relations with Pakistan: Dilawar Syed08:12 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Yashma Gill shares her views regarding Humayun Saeed’s famous ...08:00 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Sindh announces public holidays for Eidul-Adha 202207:31 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan Railways cuts train fares by 30pc on Eidul-Adha06:32 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:33 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022