Another scandal hits US Secret Service
The District of Columbia police sex-crimes division and a US government inspector general are investigating the female agent's allegation that Xavier Morales of the security clearance division grabbed her on the night of March 31 after they came back from a party at a downtown Washington restaurant, the newspaper said, citing two law enforcement officials with knowledge of the probe.
Through an agency spokesman, Morales declined comment, and he did not respond to requests for comment left on his phone, the Post said.
News of the probe comes on the heels of a series of scandals for the agency that protects the president and his family.
It was criticised as being too insular by an independent panel appointed after an intrusion last year, when a man with a knife scaled the White House fence and ran inside the mansion.
That incident prompted former Director Julia Pierson to resign. She had been director for two years, named to the top job after agents were accused of hiring prostitutes during a 2012 trip to Colombia.
- Reducing unfair means in recruitment: Case of Police in Pakistan06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Three TTP militants arrested in Karachi operation06:37 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- #PAKvSA – South Africa lead by 29 runs at stumps on 3rd day of 1st ...06:12 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- A massive opportunity in sight05:13 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Inside Bakhtawar Bhutto's Mehndi at Bilawal House04:40 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Abrarul Haq dedicates his latest song to PM Imran04:18 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sarwat Gilani and Mira Sethi shed light on negative ...02:46 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021