Pakistani female powerlifters secure gold at international competition in Singapore
SINGAPORE - Two Pakistani female powerlifters on Saturday made history by securing four gold medals each in their respective categories during an international competition.
The competition called "Oceania Pacific Powerlifting Championship" is being held in ark Avenue Convention Centre in Singapore. It started from December 7 and will end on 10.
Saniha secured four medals in the 57kg category by lifting 55kg during bench press, 110kg during deadlift, 115kg during squat, while the aggregate weight which she lifted remained 280kg.
In the category of 72kg, twinkle Sohail managed to bag four gold medals.
The other members of the female team are Sybil Sohail (47kgs) and Rabbia Razzaq (84).
The women and men powerlifting team reached Singapore on December 6 to take part in the competition.
Men’s team comprising Hammad Khan (105kgs), Nadeem Hashmi (100kgs). Mahmood Heera (95 kgs). Coach: Rashid Malik.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021