PM Imran welcomes Biden’s plan against looted money
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday embraced the US President-elect Joe Biden’s declared aim to target dirty money.
In a post on Twitter, the premier wrote, “I welcome US President-elect Biden’s declared intent of a policy targeting dirty money.” The prime minister tweeted sharing a media report saying,
“Developing countries are being impoverished by their corrupt elites who launder money to richer countries and offshore tax havens.”
I welcome US President elect Biden's declared intent of a policy targeting dirty money. Developing countries are being impoverished by their corrupt elites who launder money to richer countries and offshore tax havens.https://t.co/40GcFhprtz— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) December 9, 2020
Joe Biden is expected to make a crackdown on illicit finance both at home in the United States, and abroad a centrepiece of his administration.
No NRO-like deal for corrupt leaders, PM tells ... 08:01 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan once again categorically denied giving an 'NRO' or clean chit to the ...
As per a report published in US-based Foreign Policy magazine, US president-elect and his top advisors have made the fight against dirty money as top priorities.
Joe Biden said “I will lead efforts internationally to bring transparency to the global financial system, go after illicit tax havens, seize stolen assets, and make it more difficult for leaders who steal from their people to hide behind anonymous front companies,” Biden had said in his write-up in Foreign Affairs magazine.
PM Imran again says 'no NRO' as PDM flex muscles ... 02:50 PM | 16 Oct, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday said giving an NRO and comprising with the people was easy but it ...
- COVID-19 – Pakistan may delay reopening of cinemas, indoor weddings ...11:34 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran shares pictures of late mother, wife Bushra on Women's Day11:13 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan shares message on International Women’s ...10:19 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan to roll out first Digital Media Advertising Policy soon09:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Tera Jism Meri Marzi – Ali Gul Pir and Eva B collaborate for ...07:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Aurat March 2021 aims to highlight bias in Pakistan’s healthcare ...08:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021