For the first time, Pakistan’s exports to UK cross $1b in first 6 months of any FY
ISLAMABAD – Adviser to PM on Commerce and Investment Abdul Razaq Dawood announced on Saturday that Pakistan's exports to the UK crossed one billion dollars mark in the first six months of any fiscal year.
In a couple of tweets, Dawood said that exports to UK grew by twenty one percent to $1.029 billion July-December 2020 as compared to $852 million during the corresponding period last year.
I am glad to share that for the first time, Pakistan’s exports to the UK have crossed the 1 billion in the first 6 months of any Financial Year. For Jul-Dec 2020, the exports to UK grew by 21% to USD 1,029 million as compared to USD 852 million in Jul-Dec 2019. 1/3 pic.twitter.com/zpE4mrwH4Z— Abdul Razak Dawood (@razak_dawood) January 9, 2021
He added that the exports in Dec 2020 surged by 47% to $189 million as compared to $129 million in Dec 2019.
Moreover, in Dec 2020, these exports grew by 47% to USD 189 million as compared to USD 129 million in Dec 2019.— Abdul Razak Dawood (@razak_dawood) January 9, 2021
I congratulate our exporters for this achievement & encourage them to make efforts to obtain a greater share of the market. I also commend the efforts of MOC’s...2/3 pic.twitter.com/r1uBcQzLMO
The Adviser encouraged the exporters to put in efforts to obtain a greater share of the market.
"I also commend the efforts of [Ministry of Commerce's] trade officers posted in the UK and urge them to work harder in finding opportunities for our exporters and provide facilitation to our businessmen," he wrote.
On Friday, Dawood revealed that country’s exports to the US had increased by 27% in December 2020 as compared to last year.
New common Expo Centers to be established in ... 09:36 AM | 20 Sep, 2020
GUJRAT – In order to boost the industrial sector new common Expo Centers will be established in four cities of ...
The UK is Pakistan's fourth largest market for exports. Around 85% of Pakistan's exports to the UK consist of other made-up textile articles, articles of apparel, cotton and articles of leather. All these products currently enjoy duty-free access to the UK under the GSP+.
- Javed Afridi meets PM Imran to discuss of foreign direct investment ...11:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- NAB summons Fazlur Rehman’s son-in-law to declare assets10:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa congratulates Nepalese climbers for first winter ascent of ...09:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- A paper tiger? PML-N's Rana Sanaullah 'roars' at Lahore court (VIDEO)08:22 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Mufti Abdul Qavi declared 'a mental patient' amid Hareem Shah ...08:00 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Cannoli café manager gets job offers from Shahbaz Taseer and Karak ...05:59 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021