Iconic TV star Zaheen Tahira passes away
KARACHI - Acclaimed TV and drama actress Zaheen Tahira passed away on Tuesday (today).
Last month, the television actress was put on the ventilator after enduring a heart attack. She had been admitted to the hospital for the last two weeks. She suffered another heart attack earlier today.
Zaheen Tahira's grandson had shared the news of her sad demise through social media:
Fellow celebrities and fans had taken to social media when the news of her deteriorating health surfaced last month, sending her love, prayers, and wishes for a speedy recovery, asking people to pray for the actress.
View this post on Instagram
Allah apko janat main alaa maqaam ata farmaye Ameen sum ameen ...... app bht yaad aingi apa ..... muzammil se mill kay app ne usko bht duain dien thien or Kahan tha ka main muzammil ki daddi Hun ...kamal insan usoolaon wali apne talent pay industry main zinda rehne wali app ka kaam or apka ikhlaq apko Hamesha hum sub kay sochaon main zinda rakhey ga. rest in peace .... mere guzarish hai app sub say kay apa kay liye dua kerien maghfirat ki shukriya ...itna piyari sey Dil kay log jab chaley jatey hain tou Bht yaad atey hain ... jesa piyara Dil wese piyara ikhlaq . Allah ki piyari hain app
View this post on Instagram
Zaheen Tahira aapa Ap sab jantay hein Inhein Mein nai in saath bohat kaam Kia Pichlay 3 saal say jab bhi set par ati thi rootay howay ati thi aur meray hazar hasanay k baad bhi hastay hastay phir roo daiti thi In ki beti shadeed beemar hein bed par hein uth bhi nahi sakti jisay yeah sambhalti thi aur kaam bhi karna parta Tha na chahtay howay bhi set par Ana parta Tha Aaj appa khud ventilater par hein Please In k Liya khaaas dowa hein Dil aur rooh doono ki saaf tareen insaan In ki baiti ko Inki bohat zaroorat Hai
#ZaheenTahira is considered to be one of the most senior and veteran actress in Pakistan television history. She dominated the TV screens in the late 70s and 80s by portraying strong characters. May Allah give her highest place in Jannah Ameen. pic.twitter.com/5vaxtd6h8L— Sidra Sheikh (@sidrasheikh_) July 9, 2019
Zaheen Tahira had started her career in the mid-60s. She has been a part of more than 700 dramas in both lead and supporting roles. She has also directed and produced a few drama serials. She is currently a part of ARY Digital’s Barfi Laddu.
Tahira was honoured with Tamgha e Imtiaz in 2013 by the then President of Pakistan for her exceptional work for the entertainment industry of Pakistan.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020