Pakistan taking care of Afghan refugees during COVID-19 pandemic
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Tuesday said Pakistan had been hosting the Afghan refugees for four decades and would also take care of them during the coronavirus pandemic.
He was addressing the virtual international conference held on the subject of the status of refugees and homeless persons amid the COVID-19 situation.
Foreign Minister (FM) Qureshi said Pakistan was the second largest country in the world to host a big refugee population for a long time.
He said Afghan refugees were being provided all kind of facilities in Pakistan.
The FM mentioned that virus was fast spreading in Pakistan like other developing countries of the world.
He said the pandemic had put a negative impact on the economy of country.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020