Pakistan keen to consolidate economic ties with US, says PM
In his address during a ceremony organised in connection with Pakistan-United States Economic Partnership Week after return from his official visit from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the premier held the view this forum would open new avenues of cooperation between the two countries.
"Our relations with the US constitute an important component of Pakistan's foreign policy," he said recalling Pak-US relations have been robust and wide-ranging over the last six decades.
Nawaz also reaffirmed that Pakistan promised huge opportunities of investment in different sectors and the environment was also favourable for foreign investment.
Speaking on the occasion, US Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker said the US is committed to work with Pakistan as a partner and friend in different sectors.
She said that a stable, peaceful and prosperous Pakistan is in the best interest of the United States. She said the US is ready to cooperate with Pakistan in the energy, security and trade sectors.
- One killed, 40 injured as Karachi Express coaches derail near Rohri09:40 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,780 new Covid-19 cases, 39 deaths08:58 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 07 March 202108:25 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Hasheeh, Shimza, Asad win titles in Hush Puppies Junior National ...11:42 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Twitter finds ‘PTI’ man who attacked PML-N leaders outside ...11:11 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Engin Altan receives Indian Television Academy Award05:18 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Shehnaaz Gill and Badshah’s new song is a treat for the fans07:25 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife wishes to reconcile for their children04:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021