Aurat- a tribute: Ali Zafar pays homage to women
LAHORE - Popular Pakistani star Ali Zafar has paid a rich tribute to women with his poem Aurat on International Women’s Day.
On Sunday (yesterday), Ali Zafar took to Instagram and shared a video wherein the singer could be seen playing the piano and reciting the lyrics of the poem Aurat.
Along with the video, Ali Zafar penned down as “Aurat- a tribute". #happywomansday #poetry #urdupoetry #aurat #woman.”
The poem lyrics are:
“Khilti huee subha ka, komal sa roop ho tum
Your beauty as soft as the morning glow;
Kabhi madham madham chandni, kabhi teekhi dhoop ho tum
Your light as soft as the subtle moonlight, as strong as the shining sun;
tum nahin mere saath, to meri haesiat kya hai
If you’re not with me, what am i capable of?
Batlao tumhaare ishq ki, ye kafiat kya hai?
Tell me of this condition when I am in love with you?
Ae aurat, tum be misl ho tumhein pohanche mera salam
O woman…there is no other like you, accept my humble praise for you;
Meri rooh tumhaari sultanat, mera dil hai tera ghulam
You’re the ruler of my spirit, my heart forever your slave."
Have anything to add to the story? Comment below.
- Chinese retailer Shein issues an apology for profiting off Muslim ...04:17 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Two Indian soldiers commit suicide in IOK01:49 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtars short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020