Australia beat New Zealand by 208 runs in 1st Test
The Australians dismissed the Kiwis for 295 as they chased an improbable 504 runs for victory.
Skipper Brendon McCullum top-scored with 80 before a contentious dismissal, while spinner Nathan Lyon took three wickets for 63.
“It was a difficult game,” McCullum said. “I think Australia were outstanding. They played right from ball one, they put us under a lot of pressure.”
David Warner was named man of the match for his twin centuries.
The Australians claimed the seven remaining wickets on the final morning to take the lead in the three-Test series.
“I think it is a nice way to start the summer to, be up one-nil in a three-match series,” captain Steve Smith said.
Australia head to Perth for Friday’s second Test with the Kiwis facing a mounting injury toll.
- India refuses visas to Pakistan blind cricket team for T20 World Cup12:45 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not start for Portugal in match against ...12:25 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Achraf Hakimi helps Morocco knock Spain out of World Cup on penalties12:02 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan to hold next general election in October 2023 after digital ...11:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- 'Ghani Syaani' – Twitter goes gaga over Shehnaaz Gill and MC ...10:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- The Legend of Maula Jatt now available for movie lovers in England10:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Bohemia beats Aima Baig in Go-karting08:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Man who stole Lady Gaga's dogs sentenced to 21 years in prison09:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022