Ayeza Khan in hot water for endorsing whitening cream
Our society has always equated fair skin as beautiful, something to strive and attain for, while darker skin has always been degraded and shamed.
Being dusky has always been a big no no in the sub-continent. The obsession with fairness is widespread across South Asia and every third commercial on TV provokes the desi viewer to feel more uncomfortable in his or her skin tone.
Advertisements for whitening or skin brightening products silently breed low self-esteem in large batches.
While the “gora craze” plagues our society in general, celebs should know better than to endorse fairness creams.
Recently, Ayeza Khan starred in a Faiza Beauty Cream ad and received criticism on her choice to do so.
And ever since the ad has come out, a lot of fans have called out the ‘Mere Pass Tum Ho’ star for promoting a whitening solution:
Ayeza Khan inFaiza Beauty Creme Ad 🤮. A good way of teaching young girls that they can't gain AITEMAAD and can't be successful in life if they have a dark skin colour. When will this society grow up?!? #AyezaKhan #FaizaBeautyCream— ربیعہ🇵🇰 (@rabeayaarbskro) October 7, 2020
Just saw #Ayezakhan is now the brand ambassador of #FaizaBeautyCream 🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐— 🏏💙🏏 (@bushrareal202) October 6, 2020
Iss stage p? Matlab q?? Ek ad ko to Ayeza mana kr hi skti thi in between 12 brand endorsements in a month....
This is 2020....lekin beauty cream.. HD glow etc se Asian ppl kab bahir niklenge 😔😔
Whattt the heeelllll Ayeza khan did a faiza beauty cream ad I mean wow now sue her if you ever see her saying Black lives matter when she can do everything for money shame on her she just slapped on the face of girls with dull skin including me keep going shi ja ri ho #Ayezakhan— Arrrreeeeeejjjjjjj 🥀 (@NadeediAreej) October 7, 2020
#AyezaKhan is one of the most popular actresses in Pakistan today yet she chose to do the Faiza Beauty Cream ad? Has she been living under a rock? After all the progress we’ve made to challenge negative views about skin colour this year alone!? Tone deaf much.— Jawairia Rants (@its_jawairia) October 9, 2020
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Antibodies fade quickly in recovering Covid-19 patients, latest study ...08:48 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Punjab to launch online system for collection of Abiana08:02 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- COAS Bajwa orders corps commander to probe 'Karachi incident'07:35 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran arrives in Lahore on day long visit07:11 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- China lauds Pakistani NSA Moeed Yusuf's remarks about Xinjiang07:10 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Mahira Khan shares a heartfelt tribute for mom's birthday02:14 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Hailey Baldwin got a new ring finger tattoo for Justin Bieber12:47 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- #PolishedMan: Celebs participate in promoting a safe environment for ...10:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2020
- India bars Zimbabwe head coach from travelling to Pakistan03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran Khan enjoyed PDM’s rallies, says Faisal Javed01:12 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- SC commission to look after Bahria Town funds11:27 AM | 20 Oct, 2020
- FIR lodged against PDM‘s Gujranwala organisers10:26 AM | 20 Oct, 2020