Pakistani lawmaker attempts suicide outside top cop office
PESHAWAR – A female member of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provincial assembly on Friday attempted to commit suicide outside the office of a police over not resolving her matters related to land.
MPA Nighat Orkazai, who belongs to Pakistan Peoples Part (PPP), doused herself in petrol outside the office of KP’s Inspector General of Police and tried to set her on fire but she was timely barred from doing it by policemen.
The lawmaker claimed that Governor KP Shah Farman has occupied her land, adding that the latter will be responsible if anything bad happens to her.
She accused the KP Governor of supporting drug dealers and land occupation mafia.
- Pakistan records decline in Covid-19 with 1,531 new cases in a day09:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-15-Updated 10:00 ...09:36 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 15 May 202109:06 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistan marks Palestine Day as Israeli forces escalate fight with ...01:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM discusses Israeli attacks on Al-Aqsa, Gaza with ...11:22 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Salman Khan's Radhe creates Bollywood history08:26 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Eid Mubarak – Katrina Kaif, Kangana Ranaut, Disha Patani & more ...04:30 PM | 14 May, 2021
- In Pictures: A look at how Pakistani stars are celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr11:12 AM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021