Pakistani lawmaker attempts suicide outside top cop office
PESHAWAR – A female member of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provincial assembly on Friday attempted to commit suicide outside the office of a police over not resolving her matters related to land.
MPA Nighat Orkazai, who belongs to Pakistan Peoples Part (PPP), doused herself in petrol outside the office of KP’s Inspector General of Police and tried to set her on fire but she was timely barred from doing it by policemen.
The lawmaker claimed that Governor KP Shah Farman has occupied her land, adding that the latter will be responsible if anything bad happens to her.
She accused the KP Governor of supporting drug dealers and land occupation mafia.
- CPEC – All set to launch Orange Line Metro Train next week08:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Threat alert on TTP plan of terror attack in Quetta, Peshawar issued07:25 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Passerby girl killed in encounter near Punjab Unversity07:01 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes Bhutanese pilgrims visiting scared Buddhist sites ...06:19 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- 'Parwaz Hai Junoon' to commercially release in China in November01:36 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Maya Ali and Emmad Irfani to star in Shoaib Mansoor's upcoming film12:37 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Usman Mukhtar's ‘Bench’ screened at Cannes International ...12:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran and CM Buzdar irked over CCPO leaked call controversy02:51 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Twitter showed Jammu and Kashmir as part of China01:47 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- No, there is no 'Civil War' in Karachi; Indian fake news on Pakistan ...01:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Shehbaz Sharif 'be provided mattress, chair and home cooked food in ...11:59 AM | 22 Oct, 2020