Ufone & PRCS register 10,000 volunteers in one week
ISLAMABAD - The recent partnership between Pakistani telecom operator Ufone and Pakistan Red Crescent Society has created a monumental impact. Within a week over 10,000 volunteers have registered to become a part of PRCS volunteer program through which awareness about coronavirus is being raised in different communities. More than 15,000 calls from all over Pakistan have been answered by PRCS volunteers and the interest of Pakistanis to participate in this drive is growing every day.
Through the partnership, Ufone enabled PRCS to create widespread awareness about the disease in urban and rural communities and assisted in volunteer registration via its helpline 1030. The free of charge helpline allows Ufone customers to get updates and information on the disease, along with getting to know the ways to proactively protect themselves, their families and their community. Customers can also register as volunteers for their community using the same helpline.
As the threat of coronavirus amplifies in the country, the need for stronger and efficient communication to raise awareness has become even more important. Ufone and PRCS’s joint effort has helped millions of Pakistanis to get free access to authentic information about the pandemic. This shall also allow them to act responsibly in the future.
Secretary-General Pakistan Red Crescent Society, Khalid Bin Majeed extended his gratitude to people for showing such an overwhelming response to the volunteer registration drive. “The unparalleled love and compassion of Pakistanis for their homeland leaves everyone awestruck. In these testing times when the whole nation is facing one of the worst crises of all times, it is encouraging to see how thousands have people have stepped forward to help each other.”
Amir Pasha, Head of PR & CSR Ufone said, “COVID 19 has created unprecedented challenges for everyone. As a socially responsible organization, Ufone is playing its part to facilitate people in many ways whether it is by ensuring seamless connectivity, provision of digital services or by raising awareness against the pandemic. We shall leave no stone unturned in enabling Pakistanis to battle with this crisis in the best possible way.”
Pakistan Red Crescent is part of an ‘International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement’ and is considered to be the leading humanitarian organization of Pakistan, committed to prevent and alleviate human sufferings by mobilizing the power of humanity through volunteers.
- Pakistan surpasses 280,000 cases of coronavirus – 6,010 confirmed ...11:48 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Gold prices reach shocking $2,000 per ounce for first time ever11:37 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistani boy becomes internet sensation with videos of long jump ...10:39 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- At least 10 killed after massive explosions shake Lebanon’s Beirut ...09:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Insurance amount for Karachi plane crash victims increased to Rs10 ...08:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- I have received many marriage proposals from Pakistan: Cengiz Coskun04:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- 21 years of working would not have happened with just nepotism: ...03:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020