Copenhagen Fashion Week: Here's how Western models are protesting against Burqa ban
According to the Mail-online, Iranian-Danish designer Reza Etamadi garnered ample acclaim after he launched his line MUF10 at the Fashion Week where his models walked the ramp cloaked in the banned attire of burqas and niqabs.
“I have a duty to support all women’s freedom of speech and thought,” the designer has said.
He went on to add that not only were rights of women under violation as a result of the ban but also the free choice that the Western world is known to have.
During his exhibit at the fashion week, women dressed in the full-body wraps stood alongside male models who acted as police officers while two masked men sat handcuffed on the ground amidst a batch of flowers.
The show had also presented the real-life, viral picture at social media forums of a 37-year old protester named Ayah who received a hug from an officer as she cried.
- Pakistan’s CJCSC Gen Nadeem, Russian general discuss bilateral ...05:29 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- vivo all set to launch the brand new Y33s in Pakistan04:41 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- HBL extends its ATM network free of cost to Finja Debit Card ...04:21 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- LIVE: Sindh clash with Southern Punjab in 3rd match of National T20 ...04:00 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021