Iran unveils new missile defence system
Iranian media said the “Falagh radar system” is an upgraded and overhauled version of a foreign air defence radar system.
Commander of Iranian Army's Air Defense Force, Brigadier General Alireza Sabahi-Fard said the new system has high capabilities and can identify all types of cruise missiles, stealth planes, drone systems and ballistic missiles within range of 400 kilometers.
The "Falagh" is also capable of connecting to the Islamic republic's air defence network and completing the coverage of the S-300 missile system it acquired from Russia.
Iran installed the S-300 system in March 2016 following several years of delay after a nuclear agreement reached with world powers allowed the lifting of international sanctions.
The radar system was upgraded in order to counter sanctions restricting access to spare parts of a previously foreign-developed system.
Iran seizes third foreign ship in less than month 05:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2019
TEHRAN – Iran has seized a foreign tanker in the Gulf, state media said Sunday, in what would be the third such ...
The unveiling comes at a time of rising tensions with the United States, which have escalated ever since US President Donald Trump withdrew from a 2015 nuclear deal with Iran and reimposed sanctions.
Iran shot down a US Global Hawk drone with a surface-to-air missile in June for allegedly violating its airspace, which the United States denies.
Earlier this week, Iran’s defense ministry unveiled smart guided bombs, Yasin and Balaban, and some ballistic missiles of Ghaem series with pinpoint accuracy.
Iran unveils home-made precise guided bombs, ... 07:46 PM | 6 Aug, 2019
TEHRAN – Iran’s defense ministry on Tuesday unveiled smart guided bombs, Yasin and Balaban, and some ballistic ...
The new air-to-air missiles revealed by Tehran on Tuesday are called the “Yasin” and the “Balaban” as well as a new series of the “Qaem” missile and were developed jointly by the ministry and Sa Iran (Iran Electronics Industries).
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:17 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan set 146 runs target for England in 5th T20I09:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- TikToker shot dead as Iran clamps down on anti-hijab protests08:54 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- e& International delegation meets key government stakeholders from ...08:34 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland to hit cinemas on November 1807:58 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022