Pakistan should support local cinema even if the films aren't up to the mark, says Hareem Farooq
LAHORE- Hareem Farooq has been quite busy promoting her upcoming film, Heer Maan Ja.
Her last venture Parchi , featuring the same co-star Ali Rehman Khan and the same crew as of now, was a hit at the box-office and producers pin high hopes on the multi-starrier releasing this Eid-ul-Azha.
In a recent interview with BBC Asian Network, Farooq said the audience should support Pakistani cinema even if the films are just average.
“I’d say that’s true. You need to own everything right now,” she shared. “Bollywood, Hollywood, Tamilwood, they’re centuries old, while Pakistani cinema is probably just six years old. We talk about making something out of our country, and we want to take our cinema abroad.”
Farooq added, “We want to tell people that what you get to see in the news is not Pakistan or the one you get to hear about from people who don’t even know what Pakistan is, right? You need to tell people that this is Pakistan; it is beautiful, it has colours, it has talent, it has everything.”
“So, even if there is a bad film, you need to understand and our audiences need to understand, that we don’t have the technicians, the writers, or even the actors for films. Everyone is learning and the only reason why people are doing films is passion and it’s just purely passion, trust me on this,” the actor continued.
Watch the full interview below:
Do you agree with Hareem? Let us know in the comment section below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Govt forms FIA’s special team to investigate wheat crisis12:04 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Indian SC hears over 140 petitions against CAA today11:38 AM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinian youth near Gaza border10:23 AM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Davos: PM Imran, Singapore's PM discusses bilateral relations, ...09:40 AM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan has clear vision regarding Kashmir cause, says Aisha Farooqui08:46 AM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Govt decides to take Council of Islamic Ideology's view on Zindagi ...09:57 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha's release stopped: Khoosat move LHC against TLP ...06:15 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- The team of "Zindagi Tamasha" cancels Karachi meet and greet03:23 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019