Opposition to boycott 'Parliament' after new taxes on Petroleum
Addressing the media outside Parliament, Leader of the Opposition Khursheed Shah said introducing mini-budgets and imposing taxes would not do the government any good.
“All sectors are being affected by government policies and the government should focus on building a stronger Parliament,” Shah said.
“Such taxes are not even imposed in countries in Europe or North America. For this very reason, they should not be levied in Pakistan,” he added.
The government on Monday increased tax rates on a wide range of products, including imports, professional services, luxury goods and furnace oil.
- Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital denies ‘misuse of donations’11:02 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Southern Command War Games: Pakistan Army chief visits Multan Garrison10:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Gold price drops by Rs550 per tola in Pakistan10:35 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- India hosts first Central Asia summit with focus on Afghanistan10:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Bisconni music wraps up season 2 with brilliant performances from ...09:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Amna Ilyas slammed for wearing bold dress04:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Shehzad Roy's hilarious video breaks the internet06:59 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021